It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New work item creation error RTC web but ok in RTC eclipse client

GURVINDER SOKHI (731338) | asked Feb 13 '18, 7:09 a.m.

I am receiving below error while trying to create any new work item on RTC web client on our DEVELOPMENT environment: 

Error!

Error fetching or storing Defect <11:31:36> | Details: Error loading properties for editing the work item

However I am able to create any new work item on RTC eclipse client without any issue on DEVELOPMENT environment.
 RTC s/w version 6.0.2 iFIX14
 Template : Custom Process Template (not out of box)

The process template in concern has been exported from our PRODUCTION environment to DEVELOPMENT environment using standard procedure. Note that on PRODUCTION environment no error is seen when creating new work items on RTC Web client, however the problem persists on DEVELOPMENT environment when creating new work item from RTC web client.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 13 '18, 7:45 a.m. | edited Feb 13 '18, 7:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The statement

The process template in concern has been exported from our PRODUCTION environment to DEVELOPMENT environment using standard procedure.

does not make any sense in the context of the question as you can not create work items in a process template. You need to have a project area to do that and there is no explained or visible relationship between said template and whatever project area you use.

If you created the test environment from the prod environment by copy and rename, you could say you work on the resulting "cloned" project area or something. I am not sure there is standard lingo to express that. Is that what you are trying to express?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 13 '18, 7:49 a.m.

I reworded my comment several times because I found it hard to express what I tried to say....... Now it sounds acceptable to me.

GURVINDER SOKHI commented Feb 13 '18, 9:35 a.m.

Hi Ralph

Let me clarify. For ALM RTC we have DEVELOPMENT -> TEST-> PRODUCTION separate infra.

Process template is developed on DEVELOPMENT infra and then extracted and exported into a zip file. The zip file is subsequently imported onto different infra.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 13 '18, 9:46 a.m. | edited Feb 13 '18, 9:48 a.m.

To clarify the disconnect. If you import a template into an environment, that DOES not change any project area. So the template is completely unrelated to any issues. You would have to create a new project area from the template and/or use process sharing with a project area that is created based on the new template to make the new template used in a project area.

GURVINDER SOKHI commented Feb 13 '18, 9:54 a.m.

This issue is looking like upgrade(v5 to v6)  related and/or different ifix level on different infrastructure.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21642738

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Feb 13 '18, 8:30 a.m.

Good Afternoon,

I would review custom scripts and look at Logs and also your DEV server environment > compare settings vs Prod.

Is the error on creation or save?...     Logs will be your friend here!

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Feb 13 '18, 9:54 a.m.

Not really, that is not the issue Matt. Logs have been checked. This issue is looking like upgrade(v5 to v6)  related and/or different ifix level on different infrastructure.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21642738

Matt Muller commented Feb 13 '18, 10:04 a.m.

Guv,

So you tried to import a V6 template to V5?  that wont work I don't think.

GURVINDER SOKHI commented Feb 13 '18, 10:47 a.m.

nope. all instances are on v6 level however ifix levels differ.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.