It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DeliverDilemmaHandler - getting access to the errors reported by RTC client

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Feb 12 '18, 1:05 p.m.
edited Feb 13 '18, 5:18 a.m.

Hello to the forum members,

I am developing automation which delivers change-sets. I am using com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.IDeliverOperation. This class requires an instance of com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.DeliverDilemmaHandler. Up until now I used DeliverDilemmaHandler.getDefaultNoCheckIns() to get an instance of this class. I would like to display to my users the error messages displayed in RTC during failed deliver operation, such as the error message displayed when change-set contains a file locked by other.

Is there a derived class of DeliverDilemmaHandler which allows access to these error messages ?

In case the answer to this question is "no" - is there a documentation to the scenarios which activate each callback in DeliverDilemmaHandler and its base classes ? I'm asking for the documentation in order to be able to reproduce each scenario and make sure I handle it correctly.

Thanks,
Gidi

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 01 '18, 4:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note: None of these classes are considered supported API.
The UI class that has the dialogs/messages which implements DeliverDilemmaHandler is "WarnDeliverUser.java", and there is no API that supports using this class.
There also is no other documentation as to when these dilemma conditions are fired, other than what is written in the Javadoc for the methods in DeliverDilemmaHandler and it's several parent classes (however for the most part, the Javadoc is pretty self explanatory).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.