It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difficulty connecting two DNG instances as friends from different JTSes

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Feb 08 '18, 9:13 a.m.

My goal is to connect two companies' DNG instances for supplier/system integrator collaboration.

I am prototyping this and have encountered difficulties. I have two separate hardware Windows machines, each running a fresh install of the evaluation version of CLM 6.0.5. They have different URLs and the two DNG instances have different context roots (/rm vs. /reqm). I initiated the Friend relationship from Rational instance A to B. Then I initiated a Friend relationship from Rational instance B to A. I logged in to the other system and approved the relationship and added a valid credential to it. The consumer keys match A to B and (separately) B to A. 

According to all the documentation I have read, everything is configured as it should be. 

I noted the other similar threads on this subject but they all seemed to either still be unanswered or be related to a resolution in a version of DNG that was released between then and now. Because I am running the latest GA version of DNG, I thought I would start a new thread. 

When I attempt to add the remote DNG instance as an Association to a DNG project area, I receive the following message. (Note that all pop-up boxes are allowed, I was fully logged in to both DNG instances within the same browser session, and both DNG instances have valid self-signed SSL certificates that have been onboarded to the browsers.) 

The message:
Failed to read matching artifact container catalog resource:
Unable to load URL: /rm/proxy?uri=https://myurl/reqm/oslc_rm/catalog, Status: 401

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 08 '18, 6:07 p.m.

Check your browser console and see if it blocks any cross domain scripting. You may need to add the URL of the other RM instance to the "Clickjacking whitelist" advanced properties, and see if it makes any difference.

Comments
Bob 3 commented Feb 09 '18, 9:27 p.m.

Thank you for your response, Donald. However, I don't know how to do either of the suggested actions! Do you have any instructions or information to which you can link me?

(I did some Google searches but wasn't sure which direction to go)

Donald Nong commented Mar 08 '18, 8:03 p.m.

To open a web console in Firefox, use the menu Tools > Web Developers > Web Console. In Chrome, View > Developer > Developer Tools.

To update Advanced Properties
1. Log on to /rm/admin.
2. Navigate to Application > Configuration > Advanced Properties.
3. Locate the property "Clickjacking whitelist".
4. Add the public URI of the target/associated RM server.
5. Save.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.