It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Current work item : do not associate to change-set

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Feb 07 '18, 1:10 p.m.
retagged Feb 22 '18, 1:55 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello to the forum members,

Is there a setting which allows to disable the automatic association of current work-item to change-sets ?
I know it is possible to remove the current work-item. Can I still mark work item as current but not associate it automatically to change-sets ?

Thanks,
Gidi

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 09 '18, 3:50 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no way to disable the auto-association of change sets to the 'current work item'. Out of curiosity, what do you use this current work item for?

Gidi Gal selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Feb 11 '18, 1:32 a.m.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I am writing an automation that allows linking a work-item to change-set. It has two options: 1) linking to the current work item. 2) Linking to work item recognized by URL. I understand that I need to add a condition that if this automatic linking is already done by RTC and the work-item I am requested to link is the current work-item I should disable my automation. I was trying to understand whether my condition should rely on a setting which disables the automatic linking in RTC. From your answer I understand that if a current work-item is set in the same project area of the change-set the automatic linking by RTC will be performed. Is this correct ?
Thanks,
Gidi

David Lafreniere commented Feb 12 '18, 9:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That's correct. SCM interacts with the 'current work item' in the following ways (with no way to disable this behavior):

• Ensures that new change sets are auto-associated (linked) to the current work item.
  • If the user picks a 'current work item', we check if any change sets associated to that work item are suspended, and prompt to see if the user wants to resume them.
  • When removing a 'current work item', or picking a new one, we check to see if any outgoing change sets are associated to that 'removed' current work item, and prompt to see if the user wants to suspend the change sets.
  • When toggling the state of the current work item from 'in progress' to 'stop working' (taking it back to the 'new' or 'triaged' states for example), we prompt to see if the user wants to suspend the change sets.
  • If the 'current work item' is resolved, if any outgoing change sets are associated to that work item, it prompts to see if the user wants to deliver them.

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Feb 22 '18, 1:54 p.m.

See also Working on work items.

Ken 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.