It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

not able to query the work items by default state

Neeraj Malik (23119) | asked Feb 07 '18, 6:26 a.m.

Dear Team,

I have created a query in RTC 6.0.1 to view some work items for an enumeration attribute. but for default value query is not able to load the data. but while i will change any value of the enumerated attribute & save.
then getting the results in query.

how to see the query results for all these work items in default value of that attribute ??

and this case is happening in enumeration as well as Boolean both. you will not be able to query the data without changing any value in these work items.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 07 '18, 8:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure I understand the question. What does "Not able to load the data" mean? What are you doing, how, in what UI? See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

Neeraj Malik commented Feb 07 '18, 8:37 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,

I am not able to populate the data (work item) by one query using UI in RTC.
by defult value of enumeration attribute.

but no work items coming in results of the query. where are work items are selected as defult value.

hope you understand the question ?

Don Yang commented Feb 07 '18, 10:47 p.m.

what is the enumeration default value?
how do you form the query in rtc?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 12 '18, 5:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 12 '18, 5:13 a.m.

There is no way to help without even a screenshot. I would suggest to create a query that queries a bunch of work items and show the enumeration you want. You should see enumeration values in the output. You should see work items with the default value as well. If not, fix that first. If so, duplicate the query and add the condition. You should see some work items (the ones you saw with the value before). If not, create a PMR with support or provide some screen shots from the steps (also the query) explained above,

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 11 '18, 7:25 p.m.

You need to understand whether the attribute actually has a value. From your description, I suspect that the problematic attribute does not have a value when you cannot query it. It is quite usual when you try to find a null/empty value. For some attributes, the query offers the "exists/does not exists" operator.

permanent link
Neeraj Malik (23119) | answered Feb 07 '18, 11:02 p.m.
edited Feb 07 '18, 11:04 p.m.

i am adding a condition in the query to search all work items those "None" value of attribute "ESO Review" have assigned.
but i am not getting any results. is this a bug ?

Comments
Don Yang commented Feb 07 '18, 11:22 p.m.

you mean
1) you have an enumeration attributeĀ  'ESO Review' in which 'None' is the default value.
2) you have created work item in which 'ESO Review' has only the default value 'None'
3) you add a condition in query as
ESO Review is None
but the query returns nothing although you do have some workitems with 'None' value
4) now you tried to save the work item by modifying other values and keep 'ESO Review' as 'None'
5) this time the query with condition "ESO Review is None" will return the workitem properly.
Is this what you experienced?
what is your ifix level of v6.0.1?

Neeraj Malik commented Feb 07 '18, 11:50 p.m.

yes, you are right.

RTC :- 6.0.1 (iFix003)

Neeraj Malik commented Feb 09 '18, 10:21 p.m.

Dear Don,

Any Update on this?

we are not able to query a default value ?
after changes done in work items than also not able to query.
it will show only when you will change this attribute value and save. than it will reflect those work items in query.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.