It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a limit how many rqm adapters the RQM server can support?

Eric Dolce (44519) | asked Feb 06 '18, 2:35 p.m.

Hi All,

In our organization we have RQM server with a number or rqm adapters around 30. I noticed that when the number of online adapters is around 30 some running adapters are missing in the Adapters Console, and test cases fails because the right adapter is not in the list to be picked up.

Is there a limit on how many adapters the RQM server can support ? Is there some RQM server parameters we can use to increase this value ?

Thanks!
Eric

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Feb 08 '18, 3:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no such limitation. When you are running adapter from a different machine, make sure you are not copying the adapter folder from other machine. Instead you are downloading/ copying the adapter zar and unzip that in the target machine.

If you copy the folder, ini file also get copied. ini file has entry like that

<entry key="rqm.adapterId">_r4X6gPw8Eeex56i-FHw4Ag</entry>

If you copy the ini file, then 2 adapter will be running with same id. RQM just just consider it as 1 adapter as the id same. You can remove this line from ini file and try to reconnect the adapter again.

Comments
Eric Dolce commented Feb 16 '18, 4:07 p.m.

Thanks Subhajit,

Yes I use different adapterId entries.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.