It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Challenge accessing RTC OSLC Services with RPE

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Jan 26 '18, 7:53 p.m.
edited Jan 26 '18, 7:53 p.m.

Trying to do configuration-aware publishing from RPE where I start with RTC work items and then traverse links into DNG artifacts. 

In RPE Launcher, I launch the OSLC Configuration Selection on my RTC data source. 
Then I enter the root services URL: https://myurl.com:9443/ccm/rootservices
I authenticate using correct credentials
Then I receive this error (see here for screen shot)
"Failed reading catalog info from https://myurl.com:9443/ccm/rtcoslc/catalog"
And I cannot proceed with configuration.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Mar 07 '18, 2:30 a.m.

Hi Bob,

Since you have GC C-C set in the doc spec for RTC WI, you don't need to set C-C for DNG data source. It'll pick the GC C-C from RTC since DNG DS is configured using DSC element in the template.

Bob 3 selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Feb 02 '18, 1:28 a.m.

Hi Bob,

AFAIK, workitem API is not part of configuration. If you login into ccm/web and navigate to any project area, you won't see the "configuration name" in the top right title pane. You would see local/global configuration name for DNG or RQM. Hence, configuration is supported only for SCM APIs in CCM. Having said that, you could include CCM project area iteration as part of global configuration. I've shared a screenshot in the below link.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/248268/in-rpe-how-do-i-traverse-a-link-from-rtc-to-an-artifact-in-a-configuration-aware-dng-project-area

While selecting "OSLC Configuration Selection" in RPE launcher, you should provide gc/rootservices and not ccm/rootservice to get the right linked data.

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments
Bob 3 commented Mar 06 '18, 9:03 p.m. | edited Mar 06 '18, 9:07 p.m.

Kumar, thank you for your helpful response. Using the GC rootservices helped me get over a hurdle and publish the document. However, I still have a difficult issue before me. 

My publishing process is as follows:
  1. User provides a link to an RTC work item to RPE Launcher
  2. RPE template explores child work items in RTC
  3. RPE template explores DNG requirement links to child work items
  4. RPE template explores host DNG module of linked requirements (see diagram)
I can get to the host module, but I can't get to any of its custom attributes. I think the reason is because the RPE template is in the wrong configuration. Note: The template accesses custom module attributes just fine for non-configuration managed modules.
The beginning data source (RTC workitem) has a GC configuration context set in the spec. 
The DNG data sources have RM configuration contexts set in the spec.
Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks! 

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered Jan 31 '18, 12:54 p.m.

Bump

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.