It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show successor/predecessor work items in Report Builder

Sergio Freitas (111) | asked Jan 25 '18, 1:20 p.m.

Hi,

I have two work items that are linked with each other using a successor and predecessor link type.
I´m trying to make a report, in Report Builder, that lists both of them in the same line.
My problem is that I don´t know where I can find the link information to insert in my query.
I searched it in VW_REQUEST_RELATIONAL_LINK and VW_REQUEST_HIERARCHY but I didn´t find it there.

Could somebody help me, please?

Sergio

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 27 '18, 3:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sergio,

Could you provide a bit more details? What does it mean "...where I can find the link information to insert in my query"? Are you creating manual query? If yes, why? You should be using UI to accomplish this task.
Second, is this custom link type available for all types of work items or only specific one like defect? If yes, you might want to try instead of selecting work item under Choose an artifact, select specific type and see if you can see link type this way.
Last, which version of JRS/RB are you using and is this with LQE or DW?

Sergio Freitas commented Jan 27 '18, 6:28 a.m.

Hi Fariz.

I first tried to build the report using the UI, but it didn´t show me the expected result.
When I built the report I didn´t find the successor/predecessor links in the list where we choose the link types to relate the work items.
I think that Francesco were right when he asked me if the links where a custom link type.
I took a look at the query that was made by Report Builder and saw that there was a view called VW_REQUEST_RELATIONAL_LINK that had a JOIN with the work items view (VW_REQUEST).
I didn´t find my work items in VW_REQUEST_RELATIONAL_LINK but I found other work items that were linked to each other using other link types.
So I suppose that there is another view responsable for storing the relationships of custom types with work items.
And that´s what I´m trying to discover.
I´m using DW.
I don´t know now the version of JRS/RB but on monday I´ll see it and also try your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

2 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jan 28 '18, 8:45 p.m.

Your custom link types should show up in the Traceability section in Report Builder.   Mine show up as in the screenshot below with (Custom) after them, similiar to how custom work item attributes show up. 

Comments
Sergio Freitas commented Feb 02 '18, 7:26 a.m.

Hi Jackie.

The link types Successor and Predecessor are not shown in my list on the Traceability section in Report Builder.
Anyway, thank you.

Sergio

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 26 '18, 5:22 a.m.

Hello Sergio,

is it a custom link type you are using?
It don't see it in my RTC.
How did you set it up?

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Sergio Freitas commented Jan 26 '18, 8:40 a.m.

Hello Francesco.

Unfortunately, I don´t know the answer to your questions.
I´m only a Report Builder user.
Anyway I thank you a lot for trying to help me.

Best regards.

Sergio

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.