It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

code review report

Eliah Ninyo (21315) | asked Jan 25 '18, 1:54 a.m.
edited Feb 12 '18, 8:12 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

hello,

i need to have code review reports.
i'm using the built-in RTC code review solution. in any delivery to stream a code review approval is mandatory. 
i wanted to have an email with some code review summery- who is the owner of the code, who approved it (the reviewer), what files (not change sets) are part of this delivery and of course the task name (with change-set name). 

can i trigger an email? how? 
is this information is possible? (files and not just a link to a change set)

thanks in advance,

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 12 '18, 8:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 12 '18, 8:13 p.m.

There is no functionality out of the box to generate such a customized report and have it emailed to people.
However this should not be too hard to write a custom script to do what you need.
You would start by using the SCM command line (CLI) command: 'scm export code-review'.
This will generate either an XML or JSON based report file with all the information you may need (including the list of files as you mentioned)
From there your script would parse/scrape out the sections you want for your report and then output it how you want (ex: as the body of an email).

See: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fexport_code-review_ex.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.