It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

about RTC Application class

rose cicinelli (2644) | asked Sep 30 '09, 1:03 p.m.
hi.
i'm working on JazzTalk.rcp.ui plugin; i have a doubt about the org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications extension for rtc. my need is add a listener in the moment of rtc start and workench is created...
i have tried to add org.eclipse.runtime.applications extension and add in start method (only) the code for create and add listener, but not works...

(this listener in a first moment was in a view that i have added on rcp.ui plugin and it was working, but now i have the need to move it at the start of rtc)

any hint is appeciate.
thanks

One answer

permanent link
enzo zuk (12693) | answered Oct 02 '09, 11:24 a.m.
hi.
i'm working on JazzTalk.rcp.ui plugin; i have a doubt about the org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications extension for rtc. my need is add a listener in the moment of rtc start and workench is created...
i have tried to add org.eclipse.runtime.applications extension and add in start method (only) the code for create and add listener, but not works...

(this listener in a first moment was in a view that i have added on rcp.ui plugin and it was working, but now i have the need to move it at the start of rtc)

any hint is appeciate.
thanks

i think that an activator is the right solution...
add an activator plugin to your rcp.ui plugin and implement start method adding your listener etc etc...

hope that solve it,
enzo

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.