It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create a Repository Workspace for a SQL-SERVER database?

Dan Roche (111) | asked Jan 23 '18, 6:47 p.m.

In RTC, How can I create a "Repository Workspace" from an existing SQL SERVER database to start versioning its stored procedures, functions, etc?  Is it even possible?   Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 23 '18, 6:56 p.m.
edited Jan 23 '18, 6:57 p.m.

Repository Workspace is a concept in RTC, or a data structure stored in the database. It has nothing to do with the vendor of the database (be it SQL Server or not).
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc/topics/t_working_with_repository_workspaces.html

Comments
Dan Roche commented Jan 23 '18, 7:44 p.m.

I guess I didn't express myself correctly.  I have a "MyBigDatabase" with lots of tables, lots of stored procedures, functions, etc.  I have a team of DBA developers that are constantly updating the stored procs and functions. I want to start having versions of the stored procs.  I wonder if RTC can read the current database objects and store them in a RTC repository...  automatically and then we can start checking-out and checking-in the stored procs (and get them sent back to the database)?  Is it something RTC can do?   Thanks!

Donald Nong commented Jan 23 '18, 11:23 p.m.

If you are talking about native support, I believe the answer is no. If you save the stored procedures as text files, then you should be able to put these text files into RTC repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.