It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] Default Editor Presentation for Change Requests & "Duplicate"

MK Skelton (2515) | asked Jan 23 '18, 10:47 a.m.
edited Jan 23 '18, 10:50 a.m.

Hello,

Two questions here...

1.  What is the default editor presentation for Change Requests in RTC?  -If none, I assume I create one, but how do I associate it with the Change Requests STM that I just created?  Below are the existing options:

ibm.team.workitem.editor.default  -used to create the Defect's form
ibm.team.workitem.editor.scope
ibm.team.workitem.editor.risk
ibm.team.workitem.editor.businessneed
ibm.team.workitem.editor.milestone
ibm.team.apt.planPreview
ibm.team.workitem.web.inline
ibm.team.workitem.lightweight
ibm.team.workitem.editor.riskaction

2.  In our environment, we are using CC & CQ and migrating to RTC.  Our forms for Defects and Change Requests are near identical.  From what I have read, it is taboo to use the "Duplicate..." option to create the second Editor Presentation as any changes made to the duplicate presentation also affect the first presentation.  Also, creating a duplicate and editing the XML is a painstaking nightmare as every ID must be unique.  -One typo or missed comma and you're toast.

If all true, what's the point of the "Duplicate" feature for Editor Presentations?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
MK Skelton (2515) | answered Jan 25 '18, 8:43 a.m.

I see it.  So, ibm.team.workitem.editor.scope is the editor for CRs.  If anyone has any insight on the 2nd question; I'd appreciate it.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 25 '18, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 25 '18, 10:43 a.m.

I use duplicate if I want to seed a new presentation e.G for a new type. 

Duplicate is also not forbidden. Of course you need to be careful. Fact of life.

Comments
MK Skelton commented Jan 25 '18, 10:58 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I understand it isn't forbidden, but is what I listed in the initial post true?  If not, can you elaborate what is different, please?

From what I have read, it is taboo to use the "Duplicate..." option to create the second Editor Presentation as any changes made to the duplicate presentation also affect the first presentation.  Also, creating a duplicate and editing the XML is a painstaking nightmare as every ID must be unique.  -One typo or missed comma and you're toast.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.