It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatically add link between RTC and RQM

Victor PEREIRA (134) | asked Jan 23 '18, 10:15 a.m.

Hi,

Can I automatically add link between a defect (RTC) and a test case (RQM) determined with a attribute value selected in a Enum in the defect

Thanks.

Victor.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 23 '18, 3:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 23 '18, 3:30 p.m.

Sure, If you can dig up the mandrake during a solar eclipse, survive it, bind the mandrake with a spell to keep it paralyzed until you can put it into the „here the magic happens“ box on the PowerPoint slide.

Seriously, the logic  how to identify the source and target items escapes me. You can do some kind of automation if you are able to
  1. Capture enough logic to identify elements to connect
  2. Have the skill to use extensibility and APIs based on Java and OSLC to create a working automation
The learning curve to do this kind of stuff is quite steep and you have to realize that you have to understand your own business requirements quite well if you want to ask questions like the above such that anyone will actually be able or willing to answer.

This kind of automation, as already hinted before, is usually very complex and expensive so that very few people will have tried to create something like that.

Should it not be clear by now, such kind of feature is not an out of the box feature, but a customization of some kind, assuming such an automation can actually be created.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 23 '18, 3:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can look at  https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ To learn about the RTC side. https://jazz.net/forum/questions/203755/how-should-i-ask-a-question-in-the-forum-if-i-want-to-receive-useful-answers should provide you with some idea of what you should consider to provide if you want answers to such complex questions. Even then, that type of question is outside of the scope of most of the forum users.

Victor PEREIRA commented Jan 24 '18, 3:55 a.m.

When someone submit a defect I want to launch automaticaly a test (or have a link to a test) on a plateforme to confirm the stability.
To know the test to launch I just need some enumeration information in the defect

Donald Nong commented Jan 25 '18, 2:11 a.m.

If this is a requirement that an end user raises, I can understand that. But as Ralph already explained, when you try to implement it, you need to understand the technical side of things - what you can do and cannot do. Simply put, you cannot do it out-of-the-box.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.