It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CC-RTC import fails during initialization with could not write config spec

vinay kumar bondugula (7312668) | asked Jan 23 '18, 5:49 a.m.

Hi all,

We are performing CC-RTC import and the import initialization fails when I click Finish after providing RTC synchronize user credentials and cctools install location, an error pops up. The error is 

" The error below was detected while initializing the Connector algorithm. The Connector must be properly initialized to function, so further processing is impossible. Please fix the problem and retry the operation.

Could not write to config spec:/net/<machine name>/opt/VIEWSTORAGE/Do_NOT_USE.vws/config_spec.

This error can happen if you are attempting to set up a synchronized stream for CCLT. CCLT is not a supported ClearCase edition for the Clearcase Synchronizer."

RTC version and Synchronizer verion: 6.0.3
ClearCase: 9.0.1 (recently installed on this machine)

We were able to perform all ClerCase operations without any issues.

Please let us know the root cause for the issue and how do we fix that.

Thanks,
Vinay

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 23 '18, 5:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 23 '18, 6:00 a.m.

The error message is not that hard to understand, I think it is necessary to read it though:

This error can happen if you are attempting to set up a synchronized stream for CCLT. CCLT is not a supported ClearCase edition for the Clearcase Synchronizer."

You need to use a full Clear Case, I think. I would consider to read the synchronizer documentation.
If you have a full CC, theck if there are any permission issues or other hints in the logs.

permanent link
vinay kumar bondugula (7312668) | answered Jan 23 '18, 6:09 a.m.

Yes we have full CC installed on the host and as I mentioned we are able to perform all CC operations without any permission issue.

Here I am copying the error log.

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.7.0 IBM J9 2.6 Linux amd64-64 Compressed References 20160406_298397 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R26_Java726_SR9_20160406_0949_B298397
JIT  - tr.r11_20160328_114192
GC   - R26_Java726_SR9_20160406_0949_B298397_CMPRSS
J9CL - 20160406_298397
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

Error
Tue Jan 23 00:59:28 PST 2018
The error below was detected while initializing the Connector algorithm.  The Connector must be properly initialized to function, so further processing is impossible.  Please fix the problem and retry the operation.

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Could not write to config spec: /net/ca1vmjazzsyn4.kla-tencor.com/opt/VIEWSTORAGE/DO_NOT_USE_RS_V5.00.04.010R2_2.vws/config_spec.
This error can happen if you are attempting to set up a synchronized stream for CCLT. CCLT is not a supported ClearCase edition for the ClearCase Synchronizer.
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CCaseLib.setViewConfigSpec(CCaseLib.java:4621)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CTView.setConfigSpec(CTView.java:195)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CTBaseCCView.doCreateGeneratedResource(CTBaseCCView.java:339)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CTProvider.doCreateGeneratedWorkspace(CTProvider.java:1262)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.WvcmServiceConverter.doCreateGeneratedWorkspace(WvcmServiceConverter.java:406)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.WorkspaceImpl.doCreateGeneratedResource(WorkspaceImpl.java:165)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropCore.createInteropWorkspace(InteropCore.java:649)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.initialize(InteropStream.java:2141)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.wvcm.InteropStreams.initInteropStreams(InteropStreams.java:202)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.ClearCaseInteropManager.createInteropMapping(ClearCaseInteropManager.java:173)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.wizards.importwizard.ClearCaseImportWizard$2.run(ClearCaseImportWizard.java:777)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Thanks,
Vinay

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 23 '18, 6:48 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '18, 6:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It seems that your claim

"Yes we have full CC installed on the host and as I mentioned we are able to perform all CC operations without any permission issue. "

is plain wrong and I would really suggest to read the error messages and consider what they mean. The synchronizer has to do certain operations in CC and if the user does not have the permissions to do them, aor anything else is not as it needs to be, you will find the information what failed in the logs.

It is far more efficient to read these logs and to consider that the error wants to tell you, than posting the logs here and waiting for someone else to spot the error.

permanent link
Penchala suman (461425) | answered Jan 23 '18, 6:24 a.m.

It seems, import user doesn't have write permission to /net/ca1vmjazzsyn4.kla-tencor.com/opt/VIEWSTORAGE/ folder or view. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.