It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE template to export RQM test cases and DOORS9 linked requirements

Lior Peled (17216) | asked Jan 22 '18, 6:55 a.m.

Hi,

I have a template that extracts all the test cases from a particular test plan in RQM.
I want to add 2 columns for that test cases table the linked requirement ID and object text.
however I'm failing to find an explanation on which data source I need to add exactly for that matter and  and how to implement the linked requirements information.

any assistance will be great.

Lior

3 answers

permanent link
Lior Peled (17216) | answered Jan 23 '18, 2:44 a.m.

Hi Pilar,

In my template I was able to get the URL href of the linked requirement from DWA after using the debug mode.
the problem is that after that the document generation fails with the error: "Can not access to the OAuthentication URL"
I think I understand the problem but not sure how to bypass it. since in my dsx file I have only 1 data source visible for the feed and I use my credentials with authentication method OAuth. but the data source for DOORS data from DWA needs OAuth-OSLC method and I'm guessing that is the problem.
can I make the data source for DWA not hidden and somehow configure the URI in the dsx to be dynamic from the dta href..? so that I could have the 2 authentication methods in my dsx? is this possible? if so how can I do it?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jan 22 '18, 9:00 a.m.

You can find a sample template (DOORS-RQMTestCase.dta) under %rpe_home%\templates\cross-product. You may design a similar template that traces from RQM testcases to DNG requirements.
You may find https://rpeactual.com/2015/11/20/traceability-with-doors-9-and-rqm/ useful.

Comments
Lior Peled commented Jan 22 '18, 9:09 a.m.

Hi,

I have this template but as I see it it looks over the requirements in DOORS and gets the linked test cases.
In my template I'm going over all of the test cases in RQM and would like to check the linked requirement for each test case and get the ID and object text.
where is the linked requirement URL is located in the test case information in RPE and how can I get it?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jan 22 '18, 9:22 a.m.

You should use testcase/requirement/href to configure DOORS data source (Data Source Configuration element). From DOORS data source, you can just print the attributes from Module/Object/Attribute query.

Lior Peled commented Jan 22 '18, 10:03 a.m.

I added to my template new data source to work with DWA as explained in the article.

and added it as dynamic data source in TC container.
would it work?
still going for testcase/requirement/href.

problem for now is that when I run the template I get an error that the URL from DWA is not accessible.
any thoughts?

permanent link
Lior Peled (17216) | answered Jan 22 '18, 8:55 a.m.

following the instruction in the below article I was able to export requirements information in a separate template:

however the tutorial doesn't explain how to get the relevant requirement from my other template in which I have the test case and I need to get the requirement details.

how can I get the linked data from the test case?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.