It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross server create link between change set and work item

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Jan 18 '18, 6:08 a.m.

Hello to the forum members,
I am working on an RTC API extension which creates a link between change-set and work-item.
I am using the API
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.workitems.IFileSystemWorkItemManager.createLink

I am trying to figure out whether it is possible to create a link cross server, when the change-set and work-item are on different servers. I have two RTC servers running on my machine with different ports. When I try to run my code I get ItemNotFoundException.

I tried to configure a "friendship" between the two servers that will allow me to perform the following on RTC UI:
1) Select change-set in server 1 in pending changes view.
2) Associate work-item.
3) In the "Select Work Items" dialog click on project area combo-box in the top-right corner of the dialog.
I expect to see the project area from server 2.

Is there an association that will allow me to see the project area from the other server ?

Thanks,
Gidi

One answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Jan 18 '18, 12:13 p.m.

Making the server friends is not enough. You would also need to add association for the ccm application on server 2. Open the project are on server 1, go to 'Association' section, add the ccm application on server 2 and add the entries for "Provides - Change Sets"  and "Uses - Change Sets".

Comments
Gidi Gal commented May 20 '19, 9:27 a.m.

Thanks Surya for your reply. I added both "Provides - Change Sets" and "Uses - Change Sets"  and still was not able to see the project area on server 2 in the list of project areas to select work item (dialog "Select Work Items"). createLink still throws ItemNotFoundException.

Ralph Schoon commented May 20 '19, 11:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Gidi, you can not create a work item link from a change set to a work item in another repository using that dialog. 

You can only use the Create Change Request dialog. Only this one creates a link type that can cross repositories.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.