It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where in the RTC Project is a work item template stored?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Jan 17 '18, 3:02 p.m.

I am in a parent-child project area architecture, so my child references the parent's process configuration.  I import in  work item template into the child project area.  I think it is going to be stored in the process template XML of the child project area, but I can't find it.  Where is it stored?  Follow-on question, is wherever it is stored related to the child project area or the parent?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 19 '18, 1:23 a.m.

It is stored as an "attachment" so you cannot see it in the process configuration source (I take that "XML" means source). It is similar to the script-based provider that you develop, where you may see their names and references in the source, but you cannot see the actual script contents.

Comments
Kim Williams commented Jan 19 '18, 6:54 a.m. | edited Jan 19 '18, 6:55 a.m.

So, in the case of my parent-child architecture, where I have created or imported the work item template in my child project area, it is stored as an attachment to the child project area.  Is that correct?

Donald Nong commented Jan 21 '18, 8:37 p.m.

Yes - at least that's my understanding.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.