It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE Export RQM Keyword steps with regular steps in a template

Lior Peled (17216) | asked Jan 17 '18, 5:41 a.m.

hi,

I was able to export the keywords steps for a test script in my template but the remaining steps that belong to the test scripts after the keywords steps are not exported.
I used the instructions from the article below:

how can I add the remaining steps of the scripts after the keywords steps?

Lior

3 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jan 17 '18, 7:09 a.m.

If I understand correctly, you are able to print keyword steps and not execution steps.
For execution steps (testscript/steps/step = "execution"), you can directly print testscript/steps/step/description and testscript/steps/step/expectedResult.
You can refer the sample template QM_TestcasesWithTestscripts.dta (under %rpe_home%\templates\RQM)

Comments
Lior Peled commented Jan 17 '18, 8:20 a.m.

thanks, 

what I meant is that in some cases the first step of a test script is a keyword which includes 4 steps for an instance.
so it goes like step 1.1 until 1.4.
and then step 2 is a normal steps of the script.
I want to be able to export it all whether there is a keyword or not.
the template in the example you mentioned doesn't export the keyword ,it exports like to the keyword (I guess) and does not print the actual steps of the keyword, is there any additional actions I have to do in order for the steps of the keyword to be exported as well?

Lior Peled commented Jan 17 '18, 9:53 a.m.

I was able to work it out , thanks.

permanent link
Jessica Hutchinson (113) | answered Dec 17 '20, 6:14 p.m.

@lori can you post the template? I am having a similar issue!

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jun 14 '21, 2:28 p.m.

You need to dynamically configure another data source (_TestScript_Keyword) using keyword/defaultscript/href as URI. From this data source, you can print testscript/steps/step/stepIndex, testscript/steps/step/description, testscript/steps/step/expectedResult.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.