It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extension point to plug something on server startup

Anurag Patel (21263) | asked Jan 16 '18, 2:38 a.m.

Hi,

I am looking for extension point to plug something on server startup/loading or CLM application initializing.
Is anyone having idea about extension point to plug/call some logic on server startup.

Thanks .

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 16 '18, 2:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider carefully reading How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?
Especially the "what you want to achieve" part and provide that information in the question.

As far as I can tell, there is NO extension point for server startup and I don't see why that would be required. If you want to run an extension, then run it in the operations provided.

As far as I can tell, all the extensions are equally deployed by the Equinox/Eclipse OSGI mechanisms and started sometimes during the server startup. As far as I can tell, you should be able to do some stuff in the initial start phase.

Otherwise it is possible to have scheduled execution as described in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/due-date-notifier-an-asynchronous-task-example/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.