It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export view from DOORS NG with all the attributes available in it with RPE

Mario Matov (1519) | asked Jan 11 '18, 8:06 a.m.
edited Jan 11 '18, 9:59 a.m.

Hello,
I managed to export the text attribute and ID attribute from DOORS NG module view. My problem is that I cannot export the other attributes(columns) from the view - they are not available in the data source schema.

For me there are 2 possible solutions:
1.to export the view as it is(in the document the information will be copied from the module in DOORS NG and it will looks the same as in DOORS NG). I have done this in DOORS Classic and in that case I didn't refer to any attribute. RPE was just exporting columns and rows.
2. somehow to add the attributes which I need to export in my data source. I guess that Data Source Schema should be different from "DNG Text" and "DNG Module" as I made such and the attributes I needed to export were not available there.
Option 1. will be better for me as I will just export without taking care for the attributes. In the different modules there are different views and attributes which need to be exported. I will save a lot of time if this way to export is possible with RPE in DOORS NG.

4 answers

permanent link
Mario Matov (1519) | answered Aug 15 '18, 7:44 a.m.

You can check the link below. In it it is explained how to export view from DNG. https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGModuleViewExternalRequest

permanent link
Mario Matov (1519) | answered Jun 06 '18, 2:56 a.m.

You can check the link below. In it it is explained how to export view from DNG. https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGModuleViewExternalRequest

permanent link
PASQUET Nathan (111) | answered May 29 '18, 10:25 a.m.

Hi there, i'm currently encountering the same problem. Did you find a solution to this ?

I also added a new attribute une the editor but i can't find a way to configure it ...

Comments
Mario Matov commented Jun 06 '18, 2:56 a.m.

You can check the link below. In it it is explained how to export view from DNG. https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGModuleViewExternalRequest

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jan 29 '18, 2:24 a.m.

Which data source schema are you using? If the only issue is that the attributes are missing in schema, you can open the schema in editor (select "Open Schema in Editor..." in Outline view) and add the attributes.

Comments
Mario Matov commented Jan 29 '18, 9:19 a.m.

I am using "DNG module". I selected "Open Schema in Editor..." in Outline view for my two data sources - "module" and "_text". I added the attribute name but I don't know how to configure it. I just clicked with right button on the "Attributes" and selected "Add attribute". I guess that I should give a path to the value of this attribute now? Do you have any idea how to proceed?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.