It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE data source configuration for RQM test execution results

Lior Peled (17216) | asked Jan 09 '18, 1:39 a.m.

hi,

I'm using RPE 2.1.2 and want to export tests execution results from RQM.
I'm trying to figure out how to add data source for execution results, 
what is the schema for the predefined feed ? or how can I find/add a schema for a specific artifact?
in any article about data source configuration I only see either RQM feed and the schema that ends with 'feed.xsd' or RQM QM that ends with the 'qm.xsd' in the schema section.

any information and guidance would be helpful. 

Lior

4 answers

permanent link
Lior Peled (17216) | answered Jan 10 '18, 4:15 a.m.

thanks, that seems way too complicated at this point of time for me.

is there any step by step tutorial for templates creation with real examples for beginners? 

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jan 09 '18, 11:52 a.m.

You may refer executionResult.dta from RQM-Extras-RRDGTemplates.

permanent link
Lior Peled (17216) | answered Jan 09 '18, 8:50 a.m.

Can someone share a simple template with the relevant structure and data sources to extract execution results for steps for each test case?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jan 09 '18, 4:12 a.m.

You can either use RQM feed schema or qm schema. You can use feed schema to report from a collection (ex. testcases, testplans). To report on individual resource (ex. testcase or testplan details), you can use qm schema. The same schema will work for all resource types (testcase, testscript, executionresult, etc.)
Please refer https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6RHZ_1.2.1/com.ibm.rational.pe.integration.doc/topics/t_rqm_templates.html

Comments
Lior Peled commented Jan 09 '18, 4:25 a.m.

OK, So let's say I have one test plan and with multiple test cases and each test case has test script.

I want to export execution results (including steps).
how many data sources do I need to create? since I've seen in many places that for each resource people create a data source..
I'm struggling here to get to the bottom of that.. 
I used the import from web resource feature in version 2.1.2 and was able to create a template that generates data from my test plan and test cases including the steps data (expected results) , now I want to add to that the actual results.
please advise.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.