It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mandatory Validations are not working in Old workitems

Parveen Patel (77125) | asked Jan 04 '18, 3:44 a.m.

Hi All,

I am using RTC Version 6.0.3, for one of work item I have added some mandatory validations from default precondition "Required attributes on Type and state"

I have updated workflow of work item and attached new workflow for work item.

Now problem we are facing is mandatory validations for some of the fields are not working for old workitems only, I have done data migration for old workitems for status update. Also reconfigured mandatory validations in operation behavior. Still facing the same issue.

Share your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance !!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Parveen Patel (77125) | answered Aug 09 '18, 2:25 a.m.

Hi All,

We found root cause and solution for this issue, 

Newly created custom attributes will not be added to existing work items until the attributes are synchronized. Once we perform synchronization all the validations works correctly. 

Please refer below tech-note:

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 04 '18, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you changed the workflow, you have to completely reconfigure the required attributes configuration (in the sharing project area if you use process sharing, I think). The preconditions store information like work item type ID's, workflow ID's, state id's, workflow id's, attribute ID's.

If there are any changes to any of these, especially changes of workflow mappings to type ID's, you have to update the configuration. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.