It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I limit estimation filed to only days?

Bareket Matmon (1717) | asked Jan 04 '18, 3:36 a.m.

Hi, 

I've added 'Estimation' files into my RTC work items (for Features only). I can insert days, min, hours, weeks... when I insert '10 days' the files is auto correct to hours and show 80 hours. how can I set it to show the estimation filed according to the I insert and not auto correct my selection? 

Thanks, 
Bareket 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 04 '18, 5:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think so. There is a property in Eclipse->Project Administration->Project Configuration->Configuration Data->Planning->General->Estimate Attributes->Display estimates in hours
to set it to hours which also affects the presentations in other areas. I don't think there is an option to do that for days.

Note, the presentation that is used for these attributes is specialized in calculating the duration (milliseconds) into the display value and back. You could create your own presentation which is not really realistic. Another way would be to use a string based custom attribute and some validation to prevent entering garbage. I think we showed something similar in https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 (RTC only version). 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.