It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What impact it will cause on SCM functionality if I applied a process configuration source of one project area to another.

Krunal Gaoli (67869) | asked Dec 29 '17, 12:33 a.m.
retagged Jan 05 '18, 5:16 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi Team,

My scenario is that I have made changes into work flow of my "X" work item and now I want to replicate that change into all other project area, since the changes has been made into to single project. 

I wanted to know if I replace the process configuration source of modified project area to all other project area, then what impact it will cause to SCM functionality.

Please let me if any other way to replicate the changes.

Best Regards,
Krunal.

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 29 '17, 2:32 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The primary affect on SCM functionality of the process configuration for a project area is to specify write access control for the SCM artifacts that are owned by that project area.  There are also a few items which appear in the Source Control section of the project area editor in the WebUI (attribute definitions, default workspace name/visibility, and default sandbox location).

Note that the recommended way to apply the process configuration of one project area A to another project area B is to have B declare that it is sharing the process configuration of A.   

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 05 '18, 5:15 p.m.

For details about sharing a project area process, see Sharing the process of a project area.

Ken 

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 07 '18, 6:54 p.m.

While the question is specifically about "SCM", I have to caution that if you replace the process configuration source, you may have completely broken configuration for "work items".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.