It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import RTC workitem to establish links with RDNG and RQM - v6.0.1

Vidhya Prakash (852833) | asked Dec 28 '17, 1:31 a.m.
retagged Jan 05 '18, 5:25 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi Team,

When we do a mass import of RTC workitem I would like to also link the artifacts to RNDG and RQM. I recall these feature was working in earlier versions. but when i try to import a CSV file from RTC client with RDNG artifact ID's mentioned in the csv it doesnt seem to create a link. Its the same with RQM.

CLM version we have is 6.0.1

Can someone please help here..

Thanks,
Vidhya

One answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 05 '18, 5:24 p.m.

The Exporting work items Help topic includes this statement:

"The following data is not preserved when you use the Export Work Items wizard to export item data to a CSV file:
  • Work item history
  • Approval history
  • Attachments
  • All Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) reference links. For example, Contributes To, Tracks, Affects Plan Item, Affected By Defect, Related Change Request, Tracks Requirement. As a result, while you can use the Import Work Items wizard to import work items in CSV files that include URI reference links, the import operation does not automatically create the backlinks in the referenced items.

In contrast, standard reference links, such as Parent, Children, Duplicated By, and Depends On, are preserved when you export data to a CSV file."

• Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.