It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TFS to RTC Integration help

Ram Bheem (111) | asked Dec 20 '17, 10:37 a.m.
edited Dec 20 '17, 11:44 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

I am trying to Integrate Work Items from TFS to RTC. I am using TFS web version. Can someone please point me to any article or procedure which can help me accomplish this. I came across few articles stating to write an adapter or use Export/Import option. Has anyone tried any of the options having success. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 20 '17, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 20 '17, 11:42 a.m.

This kind of integration usually sounds simple but then is not so simple at all (Note that questions here usually lack what I would call "Requirements" which basically tells you the requestor has not thought about what is supposed to be achived.).  For all I can tell, you have these options:

1. Search for an existing solution that synchronizes work items and the data of the other vendor; there are solutions around that you could look into
2. Create a custom solution - Very expensive, unclear requirements and the usual issue is the UI and if it might even be doable

I would suggest to look into 1. Option 2 is likely more expensive then using an existing of the shelve solution.

Comments
Ram Bheem commented Dec 20 '17, 2:16 p.m.

Thanks for your reply. I was actually searching for option 1. Can you please point me to a post which demonstrates the same. Thanks again.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 03 '18, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a site named Google that you can use - it is amazing.

You can try TaskTop https://www.tasktop.com/integrations/microsoft-team-foundation-server they provide integration between various tools. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.