It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 604 Report Builder vs LQE

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Dec 20 '17, 9:00 a.m.

CLM 604

Good morning,

If we have 604 with Report Builder and DO NOT USE Global Configuration Management is there any use for LQE? I haven't been able to find a person to give me a use case for LQE that is not related to GCM. I did hear one support person say some people "feed data from other sources to LQE", but they where not sure what kind of data nor how it's done.

thanks

2 answers

permanent link
John Carolan (71616) | answered Dec 20 '17, 9:38 a.m.

Hi Mahari,

If you're not using configuration enabled projects then your JRS reports can be generated from the DCC data warehouse. So you won't need LQE unless you are also using Engineering Lifecycle Manager (RELM).
The reasons to use LQE are outlined here: https://jazz.net/library/article/88444

I hope that helps,

John

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Dec 20 '17, 9:50 a.m.

Mahari,

In respect to your other point, my team has implemented TRS feeds to include 'other data' into LQE, such as GitHub Issues or Bugzilla Bugs, so that we can report on those along side the RTC Work Item data. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.