It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Initialization Failing on New CCM (RTC) Project

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Dec 11 '17, 8:04 p.m.
edited Dec 12 '17, 3:25 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

CLM 6.0.4 - new installation

WAS - 8.5.5.10

I am trying to put together a Dev environment so I can test out changes requested by user prior to making them in the Production environment.  In the production side I have five (5) servers: (1) JTS, (2) RQM,, (3) RTC, (4) JRS, DCC, LQE, (5) RELM.  On the Dev side I am limited and have only one server so I am trying to limit how much on I put in this one sever.  Initially I started out with just JTS, RQM and CCM, and tried to use a template from the Production environment.  The template was exported from Prod and imported into Dev.  I created a new CCM project using that template but it is failing "initialization".  I initially found on the Forum that someone else kind of did the same thing and had not generated DataWarehouse.  I was in the same situation (since I didn't think I would use it) so I went back created the DataWarehouse tables.  Initialization is still failing.  I then install DCC on to the server and went through JTAS Setup.  Trying to initialize the RTC Project again failed.  Will I be forced to install the remaining applications (RS, LQE and RELM) on the single Dev Server in order for this new project to finally get 100% initialized?  I can but its a single server and that is way too many apps on one server.  If that is the case, then I will just have to deal with a slow Dev server.

Thanks for any help out there.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 11 '17, 9:53 p.m.

The reason of the failed initialization can be quite unique to your environment, so it may not be appropriate to just copy other's solution.

The first thing you need to check is the ccm.log, for any related errors.

If you're familiar with dealing project configuration and templates, open the Process Configuration of the uninitialized project in the RTC Eclipse client, and navigate to Project Configuration > Project Area Initialization. You may see some items under "server follow-up actions". Check them one by one carefully and see if any of them can fail. For example, a stream, a workspace, some work item categories and other stuff will be created when a project based on the Formal Project Management Process template is initialized and if these tasks have been customized they can fail in different environments.

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Dec 11 '17, 10:14 p.m.

Thanks Donald.  I checked the ccm.log and it showed this:

"The work item cannot be saved because the work item's type is not configured correctly at the project level."

So it really wasn't too helpful.  So I looked at the "Project Area Initialization" in the RTC client and it shoed "Setup Project", "Setup Project"< and "Setup Project for Reports".  Which is the same that it showed for an initialized project.  You stated "check them one by one and see if any of them failure".  How do you check them?  What are you checking?  Thanks for your help!

Rob Olsen commented Dec 14 '17, 3:45 p.m.

Donald, any continued support on this would be great.  I am still trying to understand what you mean by "check them one by one and see if any of them failure".  Can you please help me understand further what you mean by this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.