It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

fetch all the stream using java script

Anurag Patel (21262) | asked Dec 06 '17, 2:49 a.m.

Hi,

I have to show all the existing streams of the project area in task work item.
Is there any way to fetch all the stream using java script and show those streams in the work item.
Please provide input and useful links.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 06 '17, 9:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 06 '17, 9:22 a.m.

The general problem is, that the question "fetch all the stream using java script" does not make any sense. This is the reason why I start to consider not replying any more to all these JavaScript questions that mostly fall into the same category.

JavaScript is just a language (and one of the most terrible ones if you ask me). You can not do anything with it in the context of Jazz if there is no API. So you really would have to ask about an API.

Parts of the Jazz UI are written in JavaScript with no published API. So you can try to look at what that is doing, if you are skilled enough and use same mechanisms. Most people are not and this approach is not supported by IBM either.

You can use JavaScript and try to use available REST/OSLC APIs from it to access data. I have no clue if you can do what you desire.

The only JavaScript API supported for work item (attribute) customization I am aware of is https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization and the API is so small that it is not too much to read it and streams are nowhere mentioned. The answer with respect to that is No.

And answer to the follow up question/comment you are about to write is most likely also no. (I have seen this pattern over and over again).

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Dec 06 '17, 9:07 a.m.

I am not sure if that is possible via JavaScript. On the other hand you can create a web service to do this and use external data to show in work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.