It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Complex Schema - Creating a copy

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Dec 04 '17, 12:06 a.m.

CLM 603

All,

I am working with a new group on CLM. They had a production schema (SchemaA) and a demo schema (SchemaB). They have not touched SchemaB in 2 years. SchemaA is hugely complex, and they DO NOT ALLOW creation of new projects. Can I just copy the process XML of SchemaA into and replace the SchemaB process xml and keep moving forward?

Will this work if I need them both the same? anything I'm missing?

thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 04 '17, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 04 '17, 7:03 a.m.

Copying one XML schema over another one that is totally different is probably one of the best ways to totally destroy your data. Common sense and experience says no, this won't work.

I also have a hard time to understand what you want to achieve.

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Dec 04 '17, 5:07 p.m. | edited Dec 04 '17, 5:08 p.m.

Thanks for responding,

What I would like to do is make SchemaB (with about 20 work items in it and based off of Formal Process Template) look like SchemaA (production). I don't care about the data in SchemaB as I am probably going to delete the work items first. It's just the customer doesn't want to give the OK for creating any new projects. I also need somewhere to do testing/training, and instead of creating 70+ updates to SchemaB to look like SchemaA, I'm wondering if I can just copy and paste the XML.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 05 '17, 5:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The whole wording is off. I would consider a project area a project area and a process configuration of a project area a process configuration. Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/SetupProjects

If the only reason why you try to do this stunt and don't create a new project area with a reasonable process template based on the project area B process configuration is that the customer does not allow to create a new project, then my suggestion would be to tell that customer to grow up and face reality, If they don't want to, consider finding another customer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.