It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import requirements into existing module

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked Dec 03 '17, 6:43 a.m.

I have a word document which I import as module into DNG. After successful import I can see module is created and there are number of artifact inside module. I modified word document(added few more requirements into word document) and want to import this word document into existing module(previously created module), can I import newly added requirements of word document into existing module such a way that previous requirements will be unchanged and new requirements will be added to module.

I believe this feature is available for CSV import. Is this kind of import possible for word document?
CLM server version is 6.0.4

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 03 '17, 6:43 p.m.

I don't think so. There is nothing in the Word document to reliably link part of the document to an existing DNG requirement.

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Dec 05 '17, 5:18 a.m.

I had same feeling about this, but what if user wants to import requirements to existing module and requirements has to be imported from word file only. Is there any work around to import requirements into existing modules. 

I have been trying to do this activity but could not figure out a way to do so, would be great if you can suggest any approach or pointers

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.