It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.4 create workitem with ant script fails

Oguzhan Ozavar (112) | asked Nov 27 '17, 12:35 p.m.
retagged Mar 21 '19, 3:25 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi there,

I am unable to successfully create a work item task whitin my ant build.xml using IBM's Build Extension Toolkit libraries. Developing the workitem creating java code is my last choice here. Have you ever successfully executed that IBM build extension toolkit ant task which creates work items in RTC? I could not find any question regarding the subject in jazz.net which makes me feel that this extension toolkit is obsolete. Any help is appriciated.

My procedure is below:

I installed CLM and Build System version 6.0.4 
I successfully run JKEBanking sample project brm.continuous build

I added an ant target to the ant build.xml as suggested in the following link, 

I added the IBM's suggested script snippet at the end of the page, removing the occurences of "wi" namespace. I added all the libraries under BuildSystemHome\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit folder under the project libs folder.  I also added taskdef for CreateWorkitemTask class within the com.ibm.team.build.extensions.toolkit_1.1.0.v20170421_1648.jar.

brm.continuous build fails with the following message when the store element is included as in the IBM's sample script
"createWorkItem doesn't support the nested "store" element"

And it fails with the following message when I remove the store element
"At least one store element is required"

My additions to the build.xml are below:

<taskdef name="createWorkItem"
         classname="com.ibm.team.build.extensions.toolkit.ant.ccmutilities.task.CreateWorkItemTask" />

<target name="createSampleTask">
  <createWorkItem
    repositoryAddress="https://localhost:9443/ccm"
    userId="build"
    password="build"
    processAreaName="JKE Banking"
    property="taskId"
    workItemType="Task">
    <store name="summary" value="Sample task"/>
  </createWorkItem>
  <echo>${taskId}</echo>
</target>

One answer

permanent link
Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | answered Feb 21 '19, 5:00 a.m.
edited Feb 21 '19, 5:00 a.m.

Hi Oguzhan,

Just add a reference to the namespace of the extensions.toolkit to your buildfile.

<project name="" xmlns:xt="antlib:com.ibm.team.build.extensions.toolkit" default="run">
<target name="run">
   <xt:createworkitem .....>
        <xt:store ......./>
That should work.

Best regards,
Bernd.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.