It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM Rational Team Concert 6.x Extensibility workshop: Import of plugins fails

Stephan Gambke (134) | asked Nov 24 '17, 11:44 p.m.
edited Nov 24 '17, 11:46 p.m.

I am going through the IBM Rational Team Concert 6.x Extensibility workshop. Everything works fine until I am trying to import the plugins for Jetty based launches (item __31. starting on page 37). When I run the import wizard it always comes up with an empty list.

I think I followed the instructions exactly with two deviations:

• I installed everything in C:\Users\Stephan Gambke\RTC603Dev\ instead if C:\RTC603Dev\
  • I use the included JRE 1.7 for RTC, but JRE 1.8 for Eclipse Oxygen. (To make up for that I registered the JRE 1.7 in Eclipse under Preferences > Installed JREs and used it for the Target Platform)

Did I miss anything?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 27 '17, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. Make sure to use the server workspace
  2. As mentioned in the workshop, use the Java version that is shipped with the server
  3. Try using a compatible version of Eclipse, before you become adventurous

Also

4. Use short paths - Windows is still not really capable of handling longer paths that you get with the SDK
  5. Avoid spaces in paths, they should not b a problem, but I have seen issues more often than not

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.