It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to hide project area main menu items, want to hide build and source controls options

Penchala suman (461425) | asked Nov 23 '17, 4:14 a.m.

Any solution is available to hide project area main menu items (project dashboard, Workitems, Plans, Source Control, Builds and Reports), We are using some project only for workitems, So they don’t want to see Source control and Build option in project main menu. Is there any option we can hide those items.

<o:p> </o:p>

Note: This option is available in RQM Project area (menu Organization à Main Menu) and looking for similar option in RTC. 

We are using RTC 6.0.4 <o:p> </o:p>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 23 '17, 12:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 23 '17, 12:03 p.m.

RTC does not provide such a capability beyond Matt’s answer.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Nov 23 '17, 8:19 a.m.

Hi,

This has been asked a few times try this post:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/59814/hide-menu-options-rtc-30

Comments

Penchala suman commented Nov 23 '17, 10:01 a.m. | edited Nov 23 '17, 10:02 a.m.

Thanks Matt Muller, This solution is apply to all project areas, Something i'm looking for specific to project area. 

Georg Kellner commented Nov 24 '17, 8:48 a.m.

Of course, RQM has this functionality.
Don't know if IBM developers are able to adopt solutions IBM developer have implemented. :-D

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 24 '17, 10:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

So sad, such a comment. If development was that trivial, everyone could do it. I won't speculate....

Of course RQM is different. It targets a different type of people. Often not used to a lot of complexity and in need of simplification. And RQM basically has taken a lot of the stuff developed for RTC and built on that. RTC is a lot older.

There is also something like requirements, needed features etc.

And I think it would be nice if it would be something RQM does could be done in RTC, but I have been around long enough to know that a lot of other features have taken higher priorities. And, of course RQM only has a Web UI. RTC has also other UIs that would need to support this potentially.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.