It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I list snapshots by date range?

Martin McAuley (1721533) | asked Nov 21 '17, 8:23 a.m.

In the RTC 5.0.2 Eclipse Client right-clicking on a stream allows me to see snapshots from the present back for a certain number. How do I increase the number of historic snapshots displayed? The 'Search | Jazz Source Control | Snapshots' menu  allows me to specify the starting name of a snapshot, but how do I search for a specific date-range?

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Nov 22 '17, 11:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe there is an option to search snapshots with a date range. Please raise a enhancement request.

By the way, if you force create baselines while creating snapshots and it starts with a specific prefix or created by a specific owner then you could search for baselines with that information which allows you to search with a date range. I know this may not be the solution you are looking for but thought of mentioning it.

Comments
Martin McAuley commented Nov 23 '17, 3:43 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback - how do I search for baselines by date range?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 23 '17, 4:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also note that if you create a single top level component for the stream/workspace, and nest all the other components beneath that top level component, then you can create a baseline for the top level component instead of having to create a snapshot.   Then you can just use baselines, and not be affected by limitations on what you can do with snapshots.

Shashikant Padur commented Nov 23 '17, 5:48 a.m. | edited Nov 23 '17, 5:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Search->Jazz SourceControl->Baselines UI has a 'Created Before' and Created After' input for a component. The CLI also has this functionality.

Martin McAuley commented Nov 23 '17, 6:55 a.m.

I don't see that option - note as stated in question we are using RTC 5.0.2.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 23 '17, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also note that hierarchical components are not yet available in RTC 5.0.2.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.