It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Artifacts visibility, access control, artifacts views and filter folders created by users in DNG

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked Nov 20 '17, 8:17 a.m.
edited Nov 20 '17, 12:19 p.m.

I am trying to setup artifact visibility in Doors Next Generation along with it I want to create artifacts views which displays only desired data to user. Please look into below details.

First Use Case : 
 I have created two teams in project area i.e. Team A and Team B. I want some artifacts to be visible to members of Team A and some artifacts to be visible to members of Team B(don't know if this is possible). If I browse through artifacts I can see artifacts are separated by folder name(left side of window), if I click on Edit icon of any folder I can see option as "Assign Team Ownership", to one of the folder I have set owner as Team A and to other folder I have set owner as Team B. To the members of Team B, I am not sure about artifact visibility but DNG should not allow to modify artifacts which are assigned to members of Team A. In my case it allows to edit the artifacts assigned to other teams. Also can we set visibility on artifacts so that artifacts assigned to Team A will not be visible to Team B.

Second Use Case : 
Can we apply filter criteria on artifacts then create the view out of it? Here I don't want to create view based on Module, I directly want to create view inside project which displays list of artifacts created by current user. On project I am able to put filtration criteria as "Created by current user" which displays me all the artifacts created by current user but I am unable to create view for this filtration criteria.

Third Use Case
I have many folders in the project, I want to create a view or some filter criteria which allows user to only see folder which are created by him/her. Is it possible in DNG? 
Drop down menu "Assign Team Ownership" from within the project folder is not helping me achieve artifact visibility for teams. All the folders of project are visible to all the members of project.

Please suggest which of the above use case is feasible and possibly links or any pointers. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.