It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JazzGuests

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Sep 25 '09, 12:32 p.m.
What is the purpose of this group?

Is this a license issue? Does a guest take a license. I assume this is for...maybe a director or VP who just wants to look?

Edit...

More importantly, if I link LDAP, will the settings in one group overwrite the other?

Ex
JazzUsers = LDAP (IT Department)
JazzGuests = LDAP (IT Directors)

Will the directors permission be that of Users or Guests?

thanks...

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 25 '09, 3:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What is the purpose of this group?

Is this a license issue? Does a guest take a license. I assume this is for...maybe a director or VP who just wants to look?

Edit...

More importantly, if I link LDAP, will the settings in one group overwrite the other?

Ex

Will the directors permission be that of Users or Guests?

thanks...

Hi

JazzGuests A guest of this repository; can browse the Jazz repository but cannot save anything

This does not consume a Developer or Contributor CAL (client access license).

I am not sure I understand what you mean by the LDAP question - can you explain this in more details

regards

anthony

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Sep 25 '09, 3:43 p.m.

Hi

JazzGuests A guest of this repository; can browse the Jazz repository but cannot save anything

This does not consume a Developer or Contributor CAL (client access license).

I am not sure I understand what you mean by the LDAP question - can you explain this in more details

regards

anthony

Hello, thanks for your response. In the example:

Ex

jdoe is a director, he is also in the IT department. We have a fairly large and complex LDAP setup here...so the question is if I put the LDAP group (IT Department) as JazzUsers, and then (IT Directors) as JazzGuests, will one (JazzUsers) overwrite (JazzGuests)?

thanks...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.