It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I cannot find associated repository workspace name of a sandbox

Hijas Ahmed (112) | asked Nov 14 '17, 8:22 a.m.
edited Nov 14 '17, 8:24 a.m.
I checkout an RTC project through jenkins build server.

I executed "scm.exe show status" command from sandbox, but the result was empty.

Then I tried with following "scm.exe show sandbox-structure" command, it gives following error message:
"No projects found in the sandbox."

Appreciate someone's help.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Nov 14 '17, 9:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you running 'scm' from within the sandbox i.e., where you have loaded your contents? If not, scm show status should be run within the sandbox or specify the -d/--directory option that points to the sandbox.

If you are running within the sandbox, check if the sandbox root has the folder .jazz5. This is to confirm that the folder you are running 'scm show status' from is a sandbox.

Comments
Hijas Ahmed commented Nov 20 '17, 1:41 a.m.

Yes, I am executing this "scm show status" command within the sandbox, and the root folder has the .jazz5 folder.

I can get the result for this command from another sandbox with another credential.

Could this be an issue with the credential I am using for this sandbox ?
How do you suggest to debug this issue ?

Shashikant Padur commented Nov 21 '17, 3:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry I missed the statement where you mentioned "No projects found in the sandbox".

If you have loaded a workspace and the components do not have any data/projects, the status command does not show any output. This is a known issue.
I believe in 604 version, we have added a --all option that displays all the components whether any data was loaded or not.

You also mentioned that in another sandbox you could successfully see the status. I guess it could have been that there was some data in the components when the workspace was loaded in to the other sandbox.
Can you confirm that the first sandbox has any files/folders in it? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.