It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ValueSetProviders are missing in the ProcessConfigurationSource Xml for newly created Child Project Area.

Vivek Mishra (1314) | asked Nov 14 '17, 1:20 a.m.
retagged Jan 09 '18, 9:52 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hi Team,
I have created one master (Agile Template) and child (Unconfigured process source template) project area. After the creation and linking the child PA with the master, when I opened the child PA in Rational Team Concert, I found that the ProcessSourceConfiguration xml did not have the ValueSetProviders tags. Also I noticed that the Attribute Customization option is not enabled. When I clicked on the Customize This Configuration Data for Attribute Customization, It got enabled and I could see the ValueSetProviders in my ProcessSourceConfiguration Xml. 

I want to do this process through code instead of doing this manually.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

<style> &lt;!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:&quot;Cambria Math&quot;; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:&quot;Segoe UI&quot;; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;} .MsoChpDefault {font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;} .MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --&gt; </style>

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 03 '18, 2:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 03 '18, 2:58 a.m.

Vivek,

I don't know what the expected behavior would be with respect to to process sharing. I would have expected the value sets to be inherited by the sharing. I would suggest to create a PMR and contact support.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/142728/auto-backup-of-process-configuration-xml-source shows some API that is relevant. Please note that development considers this kind of manipulation of the process xml as unsupported.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/the-process-sharing-api/ shows the process sharing API.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 04 '18, 9:17 p.m.

This is an old post but let's make it clear anyway.

What you saw is the expected behavior. Any section shown as "unconfigured" in the child project area will inherit from the master. If you try to configure it in the child project, the source will be copied from the master so you have the same configuration as the master to start with (that's why you began seeing the ValueSetProviders). But, (a big but), after you configure any section in the child project, this section will no longer inherit from the master, as it now has its own customization.

You have to test within the child project to verify whether the ValueSetProviders exist, rather than by seeing the configuration source.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 09 '18, 9:52 a.m.

For details on project sharing, see also Sharing the process of a project area.

Ken 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.