It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to properly rebuild and reindex all RTC indices in RTC 6.0.2

Christopher Starr (44219) | asked Nov 13 '17, 5:11 p.m.
edited Nov 13 '17, 5:15 p.m.

We have recently migrated RTC 6.0.2 (with JTS and CCM only) from a SLES to a Red Hat Linux single server with Oracle. I need to properly re build and re index all RTC indices after restoring the Oracle database on the Red hat server from an export of Oracle on the SLES server.

My primary question is:

How do I properly re build and re index all RTC indices?

Details:

My understanding is that, after shutting down RTC, indices can be re-built and re-indexed using a variety of repotools commands such as:

cd <Jazz Server Directory>

./repotools-jts.sh –reindex teamserver.properties=conf/jts/teamserver.properties scope=all

./repotools-ccm.sh –reindex teamserver.properties=conf/ccm/teamserver.properties scope=all

./repotools-jts.sh –reindex all

./repotools-ccm.sh –reindex all

./repotools-jts.sh –rebuildTextIndices

./repotools-ccm.sh -rebuildTextIndices

./repotools-jts.sh –rebuildIndices

./repotools-ccm.sh -rebuildIndices

Detailed questions:

1. Are the commands above correct?

2. Are all the commands above necessary, or are some redundant?

3. In which order should the correct commands be run?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 14 '17, 8:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 14 '17, 8:17 a.m.

Christopher,

these are the articles I know explaining the indexes:

https://jazz.net/library/article/1271
https://jazz.net/library/article/1272

There are different types of indexes. Some impact the DB - which you typically won't have to redo.

There are some text indexes, which you sometimes redo. Please note, the repotools commands might have the same commands for all the applications, but not all these applications really have the data. As an example the work item search text index is only available at RTC (as far as I know), even if you could run the command on any application.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.