It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

qm.xsd schema file missing com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition???

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Nov 05 '17, 2:17 p.m.

When I add the qm.xsd data source in RPE Studio 2.0.1, it is missing com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition and com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition.  How do I get a version of qm.xsd that includes these sections (per schema documentation)?  I need to pull pre/post conditions out for my test cases.

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Nov 06 '17, 5:43 a.m.

Which version of RQM are you using?

@RQM team, was "testCasePreCondition" modified in QM schema in RQM release?

Robert Huet commented Nov 06 '17, 8:26 a.m.

I'm using RQM v6.0.2.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 06 '17, 9:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are all RQM rich text sections missing?  If so, see one/more of the following defects:

Rich Text Sections Missing in qm.xsd in Server Upgraded from 5.0 (163460)
Issue with RQM v602 REST API - qm.xsd not returning sections from test plan, test case, etc (153507)

Did you check the Note at the bottom of https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#RQM_Schema?

If still an issue, please open a PMR (see How to open a PMR (external users)).

Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Nov 08 '17, 6:19 p.m.

Looks like this was due to defect 163460.  I was able to create the following work around:

I used the RPE Studio schema editor to edit the qm schema and replicated the element definition for com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign twice.  I then renamed the two new element definitions to com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition and com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition respectively.

This allowed me to reference Pre/Post Conditions in my report template and generate the report data. <o:p> </o:p>

One other answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 06 '17, 5:51 a.m.

You can search for Post-Condition (or Pre-Condition) by typing filter text "*Condition" (in Data Source View). You can add the query testcase/Pre-Condition (or Post-Condition) and then select the attribute "_value".

Comments
Robert Huet commented Nov 06 '17, 8:27 a.m.

Pre-Condition and Post-Condition cannot be found in my Data Source View for the QM schema.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.