It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE: Embed OLE Files from RTC

Sabino Torres (112) | asked Nov 02 '17, 9:06 p.m.

Hi!

I am running RPE 2.1.2 and I am trying to embed OLE files (.xml, doc, .pdf, etc) into my RPE output report using the href from RTC (workitem/workItem/auditableLinks/targetRef/referenceItem/href to be more specific). I have read from other users to use Include File from RPE. I have tried that and when running the report, I get an xml output in my Word document that seems to be the metadata of the link, which includes the file name, link, and other information.

I have also read to use the Field from RPE and haven't had any luck.

Any help would be great!!!

- Sabino

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Nov 03 '17, 1:06 p.m.
edited Nov 03 '17, 1:09 p.m.

There is no direct way to do this in RPE. This should be similar to generating RPE Word output with RQM test case attachments embedded as OLE.
https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/05/30/generating-word-document-from-rational-publishing-engine-with-attachments-embedded-as-objects/

Instead of using RQMUrlUtility.jar, you can try curl. You can download the attachments (workitem/workItem/auditableLinks/targetRef/referencedItem/href) to local path and then embed them as OLE. Use workitem/workItem/auditableLinks/targetRef/comment as file name. Use the condition workitem/workItem/auditableLinks/name == "com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.attachment" so that this is done only when WI has attachments.

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Nov 03 '17, 2:01 a.m.

Hi Sabino,

Do you mean the metadata of the link is something like {INCLUDETEXT "file:C:/temp/.... .rtf" * MERGEFORMAT} ? Then make sure you set
1. Update Fields = true in Specification > Output: Word* (and PDF, Html...)
or
2. Specify the stylesheet file path to "rpe.dot" with macro name "rpe" when generating a Word document. This macro will update OLE objects into the document.

Comments
Sabino Torres commented Nov 03 '17, 7:40 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thank you for your response.

The data doesn't contain {INCLUDETEXT....

It's more like the following output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>...
<dc:identifier>[ID]</dc:identifier>
<dc:title>[File name].xlsx</dc:title>
<dc:description>[File name].xlsx</dc:description>
<dc:format>application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet</dc:format>...</rtc_cm:Attachment>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.