It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz-team-server and DB2 z/OS license

Fons Maathuis (25215) | asked Nov 01 '17, 4:07 a.m.

I'm busy installing a jazz-team-server using DB2 on z/OS as repository. In the manual https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.4/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_form.html is said to use db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar and db2jcc4.jar. We do have licenses to use DB2 on z/OS, so the files are available to me on the unix-directory. Can I copy these jar-files without license implications?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 01 '17, 4:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 01 '17, 4:28 a.m.

The Featured Download page talks about the licenses you are entitled to. https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.4 at the bottom of the page. I would assume you can download the entitled products from passport advantage.

Comments
Fons Maathuis commented Nov 01 '17, 4:39 a.m. | edited Nov 01 '17, 4:39 a.m.

Thanks for your answer, but as I stated, we do have licenses for DB2 at z/OS and the files are available to me. That doesn't have to mean that I'm entitled to use this license-jar on another platform.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 01 '17, 5:20 a.m. | edited Nov 01 '17, 5:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

>You asked: Can I copy these jar-files without license implications?

Maybe you reflect on what you ask a bit more next time. With the comment as background, I might be able to figure what you asked.

>That doesn't have to mean that I'm entitled to use this license-jar on another platform.

Why would one ask a DB2 or z/OS product specific question in a Jazz product forum?
I  personally would say, license is license, but how could one say with respect to those products?I would consider to ask on those product forums.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.