It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there anyway to set the "Owned By" field of an RTC Work Item with the "Email Address" instead of the "User Name" ?

Abdelrahman Hassan (19222) | asked Oct 31 '17, 8:43 p.m.
One of our clients is working on the WinAutomation Robot to synchronise data between ISM and RTC. One of the actions is to update the Owner field in RTC, however the only details he has is a physical email address.

So is there a way to set the "Owned By" attribute using the "Email Address" instead of the default behavior by using the "User Name"?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 01 '17, 3:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No. I can also not see what that would have to do with a synchronization software. The email of contributor type attributes is accessible through the API, so what RTC displays is irrelevant if using the API.

Comments
Abdelrahman Hassan commented Nov 01 '17, 9:47 p.m.

Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure how exactly WinAutomation works, but we found a way to solve that. If we click the "settings" icon of the "Owned By attribute", we can look for users by their Emails.

Donald Nong commented Nov 02 '17, 1:03 a.m.

I think it depends on whether you use the email address as the identifier of a user or not. In RTC, the User ID is used as the identifier.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 02 '17, 2:48 a.m. | edited Nov 02 '17, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, the attribute shows the name. You can use the e-mail as name as a crutch. However, it is possible to access the e-mail address from the contributor object using the Java API and therefore it is likely pointless to use any crutches like that.

This is all about requirements. The requirement is to map the users. Asking to see the e-mail address in the presentation is an implementation detail and a bad one as well.

I don't know WinAutomation either, so not sure what it does.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.