It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC access management

GURVINDER SOKHI (731340) | asked Oct 31 '17, 5:33 p.m.

my client has custom role called RTC_Access with specific RTC permissions used exclusively by projects to add/remove and change roles at RTC Project or Team Area level. That works well but there is one issue, let me explain.

In total there are around 5 different RTC custom role defined .i.e RTC_Access, Stakeholder, Developer, Project_Admin and ReleaseManager.  the custom Project_Admin role is designed to be role with greater powers which we don’t want someone  with RTC_Access role to assign another user.  

In simple terms, A user with RTC_Access role should not be allowed to assign another user with Project_Admin role.

Is this possible process template change ?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 31 '17, 6:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no out-of-the-box way to specify this.  You would need to implement your own custom pre-condition of the process-area-save operation.

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Oct 31 '17, 6:10 p.m.

thanks. can you elaborate bit plz on what you mean by implement your own custom pre-condition of the process-area-save operation...can you point to any related jazz article? . do you mean process template change? client already has a custom process template in use and not using out of box process template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.