It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Error to Build Queue

Padmanabha Manjunatha (112) | asked Oct 26 '17, 8:21 a.m.
edited Nov 08 '17, 9:57 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

hi ,

I am running a python script when user request a build to do some operations
The build script on server looks like this 
call ant -S -f "C:\Embedded\iRTC Specific Files\ant_build.xml" -lib "C:\Program Files\IBM\RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Win64-6.0.3\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit" -propertyfile "C:\Embedded\iRTC Specific Files\antgenaVcmMasterMainDevBuildProperties.out" -DactivityLabel="Start Main Dev VCM Master Build" startActivity
@echo ON
call build_python

call ant -S -f "C:\Embedded\iRTC Specific Files\ant_build.xml" -lib "C:\Program Files\IBM\RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Win64-6.0.3\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit" -propertyfile "C:\Embedded\iRTC Specific Files\antgenaVcmMasterMainDevBuildProperties.out" -DactivityLabel="End Main Dev VCM Master Build" startActivity

Now this works and we are able to execute. 
The errors like jazz (work space permission, cant load etc will show up in build queue)
My question is how we can report errors to the build queue if any errors occurs caught in the python script.
Currently we are looking in log file , There is a "buildResultUUID" how to use this?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 08 '17, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Normally a build tool is called in a build definition and the build tool returns an exit code that tells the JBE that the build worked or not. Exit code 0 is a success, others numbers are an error, I think.

See additional help hw build id supposed to work: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/t_build_overview.html

The ANT task reference might be able to show you some of the attributes you see in builds and how they could be used. https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_install_build_toolkit.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.