It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Plugin Extension - Capture customized attributes value

Ketan Prajapati (133) | asked Oct 25 '17, 6:50 a.m.
edited Oct 26 '17, 2:01 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hi,

I am working on RTC Plugin extension project as a java developer, in which my RTC developer has created custom story which has custom checkbox. I want to read the value of this attribute in Java, so if checkbox is checked then create a form. Can you please help me what should be there in process configuration source file for that attribute and how I can read that attribute in java. I am able to create sub story from main story but now I need to add some more features.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 25 '17, 8:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 26 '17, 2:01 a.m.

This shows the API how to access attributes and other data in work items: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/working-with-work-item-attributes/ it also shows how to get all custom attributes.

Custom attributes work exactly like built in attributes. You need the ID to get the attribute to get the attribute value.

PS: the attribute ID can be found in the WEB administration UI. DON'T USE the external ID's you find in the Eclipse admin UI.

Comments
Ketan Prajapati commented Oct 26 '17, 1:50 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for your quick help, I will explore.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.