It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC SDK - How to find all contributes to/tracks link type associated with a Feature.

Roberto Luces (111) | asked Oct 16 '17, 9:28 a.m.

Hello Community,

I am in the process of creating a plugin and I have run into some roadblocks.
I would like to figure out when I have a feature which Stories in the "Contributes to/ Tracks" link type are in the completed state. 
If they are all in the complete state then I want to transition my feature to completion else I want to halt it.
Such plugin would be similar to the strict-group IBM plugin with the difference that it looks for "Contributes to /Tracks" links as opposed to parent/child links

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding achieving this?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 16 '17, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 16 '17, 10:06 a.m.

You can find pretty much all you would need here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/

Search for Follow Up Action or participant to see examples, search (field right up) for links to see the link API.

Note: Tracks/Contributes To  is not process enabled. Creating such a relationship does not trigger the work item save operation. 

Comments
Roberto Luces commented Oct 16 '17, 10:46 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I took a look at rsjazz but I cant find a specific example of how to grab the contributes to/tracks a Feature has.
Could you point me to such?

Thank you!
-Roberto

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 16 '17, 11:00 a.m. | edited Oct 16 '17, 11:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1.  Click the "Search" widget in the top right corner.
  2. Type "Tracks" and click on search
Brings up 
Use the browser search (CTRL+S) to search for Tracks for some specifics on Tracks links. 

See other posts e.g. search for "link api". All links are more or less similar the tracks Contributes To. The link type is com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.WorkItemLinkTypes.TRACKS_WORK_ITEM

The work item command line has also code for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.