It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Certificate error for screenshot tool - fix available for 6.0.3?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Oct 16 '17, 8:48 a.m.

Hi,

I found a forum post about certificate / security errors with the RTC screenshot tool, which sent me to this page:

The available fixes there don't mention RTC v6.0.3. Is there a specific fix for this version, or can we use the 6.0.2 fix?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Srinivas Mandava (15815) | answered Oct 16 '17, 9:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not think for 6.0.3 you need replace the server jar.

Try clearing the machine's java cache.

Clear cached applications from the Java Control Panel, execute: Windows: <Java_install_directory>/jre/bin/javacpl.exe Linux: <Java_install_directory>/jre/bin/ControlPanel Click "View..." in Temporary Internet Files section -> Select the Capture application -> Delete (Red "X" or press Delete key).

Vicky Pagnaer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vicky Pagnaer commented Oct 17 '17, 2:58 a.m.

Thank you! This worked exactly as described.

Tip for Windows: you can access Java Control Panel via Windows Control Panel > Java

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 18 '17, 12:56 a.m.

The certificate used to sign the 6.0.3 screen capture tool is valid between 2016-10-17 and 2019-11-17. In other words, the certificate has not expired yet, so there is no need for a "fix". That's the reason the technote does not mention 6.0.3.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.