It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An execution variable is used but defined in a RQM Manual script. How it is posible?

Pascal Jean (6012440) | asked Oct 10 '17, 8:46 a.m.

Hello,

I’m looking at a RQM 6.0.2 user instance.

I found out a Manual script defined in that way:

Several steps reference an execution variable but the execution variable does not exist.
It is not defined as a “Project Execution Variable”, not as a “Test Case Execution Variable” and not in the Test script itself.
The Test script history shows that a step was updated by replacing some text by the execution variable but I didn’t see any add operation for this variable.

As a result, the variable is not updated at the execution time.

Is someone already encountered this problem?

The easy workaround is create the variable but I’m interesting how the problem can be created.

Thank you in adavnce
Pascal Jean

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Oct 20 '17, 1:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I guess someone has deleted the execution variable. If the variable does not exists, user can not insert it into the manual step. So, the execution variable was there when script was created / updated. Later someone has deleted the execution variable.

Comments
Pascal Jean commented Oct 23 '17, 4:21 a.m.

Hello Bhuiya,

Thank you for the suggestion.
I checked when deleting an execution variable, its reference is deleted from the scripts it is used. I didn't find a process to delete the variable without deleting its reference.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.